B W Lions Sri Vidyasagar Oswal Institute of Ophthalmology
- Build capacity for over 5000 cataract operations every year
- Screen over 10,000 diabetic patients during the first year
- Provide rehabilitation and adaptive devices to help patients with low vision
- Improve access to quality education and community-based rehabilitation for blind and low-vision patients
- Prevent vision-loss by promoting early detection and timely treatment of diseases like glaucoma, cataract and diabetic retinopathy
- Aggressively implement community-based eye health education programs with the help of leading NGOs
- Carry out prevalence and observational research in the areas of diabetic retinopathy, low vision, glaucoma, etc
- Conduct regular School Eye Screening Programs and provide surgical treatment at subsidised rates
- Establish the first-of-its-kind Human Resource Development Centre in the state of Karnataka
MJF LION ARUNA OSWAL
The Institute is part of a larger vision of MJF Lion Aruna Oswal, to build four major specialised eye care hospitals in the North, South, East and West parts of India.
Smt Aruna Oswal has served the community with dedication and passion for over 35+ years, and has a long list of accomplishments in India and abroad to her credit.
An exemplary role-model for many, she is the proud recepient of the ‘Ambassador of Goodwill’ title (from Lion’s International) and the ‘Mother Teresa Lifetime Achievement Award’ (from the Mother Teresa International Awards Committee).